Nobody made a greater mistake than she who did nothing because she could only do a little.
— Edmund Burke
Once upon a time, a little girl was walking on the beach where thousands of starfish were stranded in the sand. She hurled one after another into the sea. A man walked up and said, “There’s too many. You’ll never save them all. You can’t make a difference.”
The girl thinks a minute, looks at the piles upon piles of starfish, picks another one up and throws it in the ocean. “I made a difference to that one.”
Often we feel so discouraged by the enormity of a problem that we fail to start. That’s why Sweet breaks giant global issues into fun-filled, bite-sized chunks.
So far, we’ve done some really big things, like:
• Found homes for over 50 stray cats and dogs
• Removed 300 bags of trash from beaches and parks
• Created a children’s library in Belize City
• Donated five new computers to a children’s e-learning center in Roatan.
• Planted over 6,000 trees
• Painted schools and children’s hospital wards
• Rescued hundreds of baby sea turtles
• Donated hundreds of suitcases full of school supplies
• Helped homeless youth, battered women, special needs kids and more!
And the best part: We had fun doing it! All of Sweet’s projects are designed to accomplish big things in a short time followed by a celebration (usually at the beach).
Whether you donate supplies, money, time or encouragement, you’re helping make the world a better place when you travel with Sweet. When was the last time you felt so good sipping margaritas on the beach?
See for yourself: